Stained Glass Windows of Good Shepherd Episcopal Church
The Virgin Mary in a Field of Lilies
Presented in 1902 by St. Mary’s Sunday School Class in celebration of the twenty-fifth anniversary of Good Shepherd. The teacher, Miss Ethel Noyes, drew the design for the window that was then crafted by J. & R. Lamb. It displays the inscription: “Behold the handmaid of the Lord”. It is noted in the brief written history of the church that on it’s unveiling “The beauty of the window impressed all the beholders and the Class was much affected.” This window was rescued from the fire that destroyed the original building in 1913.
Photo by Richard Wall